For the year 2015, I really want to buckle down and get to know Jesus Christ. I want to recognize Him in my life more. And know that I know Him. As I've been pondering over how I want to go about doing this, two things have come to mind: the blog and music. For a while now, I've been wanting to compose my own piano pieces. I've always loved to do that, but I've been afraid to start sometimes. Not anymore! I'm going to buckle down and start. I've been feeling a bit distant from Jesus Christ, and usually when I feel this way, it is because God is prompting me to DO something to get closer to His Son. That is exactly what I'm going to do. Through music (mostly hymns) and using my studies to in some way answer the question "Who is Jesus Christ?" I hope to feel more of Him in my life and become more like Him.
Today I read a little story about a man who was waiting in line to get interviewed. The man waiting in front of him was ushered through the door. The man still waiting outside could hear the interview outside of the door. The interviewer asked, "Tell me what you know about Jesus Christ." The man spouted off a bunch of facts about Jesus Christ. "Yes, that is true, but tell me what you know about Jesus Christ." He spouted off more facts. After another time, the interviewer lead him out the door. Now it was the turn of the man who had been waiting. He enters inside, sees the interviewer, falls on his knees, and says, "Oh Lord, my God."
I want to make sure that I can recognize Christ. That when He is in front of me, I immediately know that it is Him. Through music, studying, writing, and applying, I hope to get one step closer to becoming like the second man this year.
I know that when we know Christ, and we follow Him, we are so much happier. I want to be like Him. My favorite song growing up was "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus." I don't want to just know about Him. I want to know Him.
Here I go!
Rachel
This is beautiful. I am so excited to see where this year takes you in that goal! I am making it a goal to do better at trading in things that will take me away from him for things in my life that will draw me closer :) I feel the music is going to help so many people! I am excited for you!!
ReplyDelete