Some cool stuff I found today:
We don't have to see Him in order to get to know Him.
Everyone can get to know Christ. How?
Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am; (D&C 93:1)
To get to know Christ, we must:
- Forsake our sins
- Come unto Christ
- Call on His name
- Obey His voice
- Keep His commandments
This is definitely a process.
During church, my phone accidentally turned to a scripture about the power of calling on Christ's name. I know that God guided me to it, because I have been feeling a dark cloud following me around. It has dissipated a bit this weekend. But I know that good is more powerful than evil, and that even when we are surrounded by heavy darkness and sometimes we don't even know why, I know that our faith in Christ can keep us going and lead us to the next point of our progress.
Wherefore, because that Satan rebelled against me, and sought to destroy the agency of man, which I, the Lord God, had given him, and also, that I should give unto him mine own power; by the power of mine Only Begotten, I caused that he should be cast down; (Moses 4:3)
Christ's power casts out Satan. It is just an eternal truth. The more of Christ that we have in our lives, the more we will be able to withstand darkness. We will be able to find peace DURING the storm, not only after. And we will come to know and trust in Christ more and more. We will become purified even as He is pure. Christ is so powerful. I can't wait to get to know Him better.
I love you,
Rachel
No comments:
Post a Comment