Christ's role is:
To make possible the preaching of the gospel unto the Gentiles. Through Christ, everyone and anyone can accept the gospel of Jesus Christ! He makes it possible that all who are lost at some point (which is all of us) can be gathered and restored.
To be a light unto all who sit in darkness, unto the uttermost parts of the earth. This is one of my favorite descriptions of Christ, the light of the world. I have had some times of darkness, as we all have had, and sometimes I get super duper afraid. I begin to think, "Is this going to last forever?" or "Do I have to accept this as reality?" Christ is the light of the world which means LIGHT not darkness is our reality. Light wins. Whenever I have dark moments, I remember that a tiny lit candle can pierce a room full of darkness.
To bring to pass the resurrection from the dead. Death cannot conquer us! Through Christ, we can live.
To ascend up on high. To dwell on the right hand of the Father, Until the fullness of time, and the law and the testimony shall be sealed, and the keys of the kingdom shall be delivered up again unto the Father. Because Christ will ascend, we can too. We can live with God and Jesus Christ after this life. What a GREAT GIFT! THE GREATEST GIFT! Aren't we lucky that God has given us some of His keys, so we can have some help down here? And the law and testimony will be sealed which to me means all the loose ends will be tied up, and everyone will know that Jesus is the Christ.
To administer justice unto all. Anything bad that has happened to us will be made right. God will mercifully fix things. I trust Him to do that with myself, with my family, and with my other loved ones. Sometimes we have complex situations down here, but God knows how to mend anything. If we are open with Him and constantly repenting and talking with Him while we try to overcome our shortcomings, we can trust that His justice will make everything right.
To come down in judgment upon all. This image always sounds little scary, but as I've learned more about the nature of God and Jesus Christ, I've realized that it isn't so scary after all. As long as in this life, we are filling our oil lamps. Because of Christ, God can be merciful. God judges us based on our hearts and actions. Even if we struggle with something our whole lives, but we never give up, I know God is merciful and loving and takes everything into account. We can trust Him and not be afraid. Only afraid in the biblical sense meaning mindful of what God wants for us and we put God first in our lives.
To convince all the ungodly of their ungodly deeds, which they have committed. To me, this means that because Christ loves us, He will try to convince all of their ungodly deeds so they can have one last chance to receive eternal life. Because what is the first step of repentance? Recognizing it! This is just an extension of Christ's role to guide us to repent.
And all this in the day that he shall come; For it is a day of power; yea every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways made smooth. And all the flesh shall see the salvation of God. We do NOT want to be like these types of mountains: prideful, putting ourselves above God, no room to be filled. The ones who have left their paths crooked will be made straight. All the distorted truth will be set right, and everyone will know. Any rough patches we haven't been able to work out in this life, even though we've tried, will be made smooth. We definitely want to be the valley: open, humble, willing to receive what God sends our way. I think the valley is a representation of the broken heart and contrite spirit.
Based on all of this, we know that through Christ everything will be made right. We will have the chance to live with God. We can live on earth in light, and we can trust in the justice of God. What a great motivation to do our best and to try to become like Christ every day! I sure am grateful for Christ in my life.
Love,
Rachel
No comments:
Post a Comment