Friday, January 23, 2015

The Apostle John Testifies of Christ

John says that Christ is:

The Word.  In the beginning was the gospel preached through the Son.  And the gospel was the word, and the word was with the Son, and the Son was with God, and the Son was of God. The same was in the beginning with God.  I love how one of Christ's names is the Word.  Language is so important to God!  It has the power to create (by the Word was the world created) or destroy (I'm sure we all have heard and/or said destructive language at one time or another).  We know that the gospel, or God's plan of happiness, is in Christ.  Isn't that beautiful?  We always know exactly where to go to find happiness.  We know who to follow to get back to God.    

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.  This one is pretty straightforward: Christ made everything under the direction of the Father.

In him was the gospel, and the gospel was the life; and the life was the light of men.  Oh my goodness, this makes so much sense.  I know that when I have been living the gospel more fully than other times, I feel more alive.  Happier.  The more the gospel becomes a part of our lives, the more fully we live.  It lights us up!  I've noticed that those who live the gospel radiate it.  I always want to be that way.

And the light shineth in the world for a witness, to bear witness of the light, to bear record of the gospel through the Son, unto all, that through him men might believe.  We have the gospel as a witness of the light, or Christ.  It shines in our fallen world.  It is the way to Christ.  And we must believe in Christ to get back to God.  "Unto all" means every last one of us has that opportunity.  

And the light shineth in the world, and the world perceiveth it not.  We must live in a way that we are looking through our spiritual eyes, not our carnal eyes.  The world is fallen and carnal while the spirit is elevated and connected with God.  As we strive for the spiritual, we will perceive the light, the gospel, Christ, and the little messages our loving Heavenly Father sends to us.

I feel so grateful for the light of the gospel in my life.  Even though sometimes we experience dark moments or little attacks of darkness, the light is always more powerful.  We can trust in the Son.  In Him, we can have happiness IN THIS LIFE.  We will receive a fullness after this life, but I believe that because we have the gospel, we have the means to overcome anything when we rely on Christ.  We can have peace, joy, and comfort even in the midst of a storm, because of the Word.  I want to live in such a way that I have a constant ability to receive the light that God wishes to send me.  Sometimes we do need dark times to learn.  But I always want to be open to receive the rain of blessings that God sends down on me, because of my obedience and love.  This is how Christ lived.  He felt pain, sorrow, suffering, betrayal, and many other difficult things, yet He remained constant to God and was therefore able to reach His full potential. We can do the same because He did it already.  We just have to follow the pathway of light set before us.  We are so lucky!

Love,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment