Joseph Smith Translation, Luke 3:4-11
He shall come, as it is written in the book of the prophets, to take away the sins of the world. This one is pretty self-explanatory. I know that Christ came for this purpose, and because He chose to do the right things His whole life by always doing the will of the Father, He was prepared over the course of His relatively short life to perform the Atonement. To be like Him, we must use it. It is okay that we have to. It is expected that we have to.
To bring salvation unto the heathen nations. Christ wants to help everyone receive salvation, whatever the religion they're in, whether they believe in Him or not. I love this one because I come across people all the time, some LDS, some not who are struggling to believe. I know my testimony has been at weak places at times in my life. I can look on those people with compassion like Christ does and try to help them see what Christ has enabled me to see. Christ never judged me or got mad or frustrated me, because I struggled to figure some things out. He guided me. And now, because I've seen His power and felt Him in my life, I believe in Him. Not only that, but I want to share these things with everyone. I feel both these things so strongly, in a sort of unshakable way!
To gather together those who are lost who are of the sheepfold of Israel. Christ loves His sheep. He would leave the 99 and go for that one lost sheep every time. The individual matters to Him. There are so many people around me that I can tell feel like they don't belong somewhere. They are struggling to find their place. They may feel lost meaning they don't know to what fold they belong. I want to be called by Christ's name and be in His fold, because I know it is where I am absolutely the happiest. And because I feel this, I can share this with other people and help them find the happiness I have found by being called by Christ's name. I can be a part of Christ's process of gathering those who are lost.
Gather together even the dispersed and afflicted. I love this image as well. There are many reasons why we can be dispersed and afflicted. The fold can become dispersed or afflicted because of sin, confusion, darkness warps the path, a lack of knowledge or understanding, a hardship or trial, intense emotion, logic without emotion, etc. Whether we are dispersed or afflicted because of our own choices, the choices of others, or the experiences of life, we can count that Christ is here to gather us together, and He will always come. It may not be when we feel we need it (like that moment where we realize, "Ah, I'm lost! Help me!" He may come to our boat in the fourth watch, rather than the third watch when the storm actually started getting crazy. But we can trust that He will come.
To prepare the way. People prepared us for Christ. And Christ is preparing us for God. If we follow Christ, we will be lead to where we need to be.
As I study about Christ, I feel more and more how much I trust Him. He is so GOOD. He has made goodness His character, and we can trust that He is all of the things these prophets have said and MORE. When I learn of Christ, I feel peace, security, and trust in God. I know that Christ's power can overcome any darkness, hardship, or fear that we may have. I feel Christ helping me with those things right now in my life. He loves us so much, and I can feel it when I read about Him.
Love,
Rachel
No comments:
Post a Comment