I am oh so grateful for the uplifting, inspiring, and thought provoking messages shared in each session of conference this weekend! Although I definitely wasn't able to share all the things I learned this week on a day to day basis, this day in history I shall relate to you my thoughts, impressions and lessons from the spirit I have learned.
The biggest messages that stuck out to me over these last couple days while watching conference were:
- Stay focused on the eternal: eliminate distractions
- Anchor you heart in the basics of the gospel and the rest will follow
- It all comes back to the atonement- Christ's atonement has the power to heal, strengthen and cleanse us of all experiences here on earth
- Pay attention to promptings!! God knows each of us and what we are experiencing- if we have the courage to respond to those promptings, we can be the answer to someone's prayers
- Everyone is struggling with their own "mists of darkeness": Be kind, give time, listen
- CONSISTENCY IS EVERYTHING, the small things often have the most intense consequences, whether for good or bad in the future
Those are the main ideas and truths that have come up over and over this week, as well as all throughout conference.
I think the thing that stuck out to me most was the importance of remaining consistent both in times of trial and when things are going well. There is a natural tendency for people to cry out to God when they are struggling, but as soon as life is calm, they no longer make Him a priority. I know I am guilty of that quite frequently in my own life, but I am sure do aim to change that, yes sir! I am so grateful for God's willingness to provide us with prophets, with inspired leaders that guide us through our journey here in mortality. I feel so much more at peace, so much more capable of taking life one day at a time. I know that we each have the ability to endure any challenge, overcome any barrier, and enjoy our trials as well as our good times as we focus our hearts and minds on our savior Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for him in my own life! He has been through so much for me, He has healed me when I thought there was no coming back, He understands the pains, worries, fears, and doubts I experience, and He helps me continue to be my best every day. I know that you are not alone, wherever you are- because Jesus Christ has been where you have been. I know He knows you perfectly and is aware of everything you have and are experiencing- and the amazing thing about Him is He has the desire to help you, no matter where you start.
I know that there is a lot I need to improve on- but for the first time, in quite a long time, I know that not only is change possible- but it is a joyful, learning experience through Christ.
"And now, my [peeps], remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."
Helaman 5:12
It's been really interesting to see that when you pray for specific opportunities to help people, or when you need help from them, God does not hesitate to place who you need to meet in your path. Even when it seems scary, he will guide you to what to say, when to listen, and ultimately, allow each of us to play a special part in each of his children's life. I am grateful for all that God does for me, all that He allows me to feel and go through in order to learn truth for myself, and His patience and love in all things. I know He loves you too and is very proud of the progress you are making.
It's been really interesting to see that when you pray for specific opportunities to help people, or when you need help from them, God does not hesitate to place who you need to meet in your path. Even when it seems scary, he will guide you to what to say, when to listen, and ultimately, allow each of us to play a special part in each of his children's life. I am grateful for all that God does for me, all that He allows me to feel and go through in order to learn truth for myself, and His patience and love in all things. I know He loves you too and is very proud of the progress you are making.
I hope you have a wonderful week!
Emily
No comments:
Post a Comment