Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Thanks for the Fall

For my study today, I want to take a moment and appreciate what the Fall of Adam and Eve has given me.

I am so grateful for the opportunity we have here to progress towards God.  I fall so many times.  But Christ redeems my fall as long as I repent.  Honestly, I'm still learning what repentance means.  And how to use the Atonement in my life.  But as I learn, I'm NOT remaining in the same state.  Thanks to Christ and to the Fall, I can constantly change and move.

I am also grateful for the ability to feel.  There was a time in my life where the trauma of my childhood was triggered and at times, I lost my ability to feel.  It was hard to discern, to place value on things, to find my way when I was under those triggered moments.  God helped me through it and didn't let me get lost.  Without those times, I wouldn't be able to appreciate emotion like I do now.  In fact, I may make it the study of my life!  God knows what we need and how to direct us.   I'm so grateful that I'm learning how and why to be good through sadness, sin, and confusion.  Against the background of darkness, the light becomes so much clearer.  I just have to keep going, trusting that Christ won't let me fall too far as I figure things out right now.
And now, behold, if Adam had not transgressed he would not have fallen, but he would have remained in the garden of Eden. And all things which were created must have remained in the same state in which they were after they were created; and they must have remained forever, and had no end. 
And they would have had no children ; wherefore they would have remained in a state of innocence, having no joy , for they knew no misery; doing no good, for they knew no sin . 
2 Nephi 2:22-23

1 comment:

  1. Love Love LOVE this study! The fall is such a beautiful truth that I feel like I still have a long way to go on understanding it fully- and that's one of the reasons I love it so much. I am so grateful for the lessons I learn from it each time I read about it. Thank you for sharing your experience with how understanding the Fall has helped in your life. I sure do love you and am so grateful for all you are becoming!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete