"The Atonement of Jesus Christ not only saves us from the effects of the Fall, but in addition endows us with those powers necessary to save us from every weakness, every ignorance, and every obstacle that might otherwise hinder or prevent our progress in some way" (The Infinite Atonement 52).
Because of Christ, the power is in us to overcome anything that may stand in our way. Our ability to become whole depends on our faith. We must believe that the power given to us by Christ's Atonement is in us. Do we believe that we can overcome any obstacle? Do we have hope in Christ? Do we believe that we can overcome our giant weaknesses and sins through Him?
I'm definitely trying.
Luckily, for Christ, trying is enough ("help though my unbelief")
I will let that seed of faith, the desire to believe, work in me until I have the sufficient faith to overcome the obstacles standing in my way.
I have my work cut out for me, but in Him, I can do it as long as I never give up.
Love ya,
Rachel
No comments:
Post a Comment