I'll be honest. This week is just plain stressful. I almost cried the other day as I felt this desperation and lack of time, a feeling that I was going to fail at everything, that I didn't even know where to start because I have so much to do all at once. It is stressful with school and work. I have a LOT to do. Plus I've had some calling and club meetings as well. But the hardest part is that I've also been dealing with some stuff on the emotional side of things. I haven't been able to define exactly what is going on (which is probably the most frustrating part), and all of these things together are combining this week to affect my muscle tension, sleep patterns, and all around well being.
Despite all of this, there is one thing I know: We can have peace no matter the circumstances.
Sometimes we have to fight for it. Experiences like mine are opportunities for us to practice creating or finding peace even in stressful or difficult circumstances.
I love this quote from lds.org:
"The mere absence of conflict is not enough to bring peace to our hearts. Peace comes through the gospel—through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, the ministration of the Holy Ghost, and our own righteousness, sincere repentance, and diligent service."
I know that as I put the gospel first in my life (for example, by fighting the urge to just say, "Forget the scriptures today! I don't have enough time. I've got to get going on my homework," and reading at least a little bit of scriptures or talks), I will be blessed. And I can have the confidence that everything will work out for my good.
I just wanted to share that even though things can get stressful, I know we can find peace and have the hope that eventually, things won't be or feel so crazy. God will help us along the way and we can count on that. Plus we can remember to think of these moments as opportunities to grow which helps us to enjoy the ride a little more. I'm so grateful for the gospel which gives me this perspective. It has changed and is changing my life!
Love ya!
Rachel
I know you are doing great miss rachel. And yeah- I'm definitely learning that the hard way as well. It's really in those times of high stress or when the storm seems to get it's craziest that it is essential to focus more fully on the gospel. I definitely know the times I do center on Christ, I look back, completely floored at how everything was able to be accomplished. I know that you've got so many amazing things going on- and they're probably all super overwhelming. But just know that you are exactly where you need to be. And sometimes struggling is the best way to learn, as long as we allow it to teach us rather than destroy us. I know you are accomplishing great things. Keep up the amazing work!
ReplyDeleteI love you!
Emily