Here is a short and sweet and cool thought for you today
Luke 10:6
And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again.
I looked up the word peace today, because I need it (it is a stressful week with school...my professors all chose the same week to do stuff). And I found this scripture. At first I passed by it like, eh, not what I'm looking for. But then my brain started working through it. Emily, this is talking about boundaries!
God wants us to give those around us opportunities. For example, you have heard me complain a million times about feeling burdened by the fact that I am the one who sees things sometimes and so I feel this intense responsbility to bring things up. Well what this scripture tells me is that yes, I have the responsbiliity to bring it up in love. HOWEVER, if I offer something like love and peace, if the son of peace be there (or if they are open and ready for Christ or things from God), then they will receive it. But if not, it will come back to me. That could seem like a rejection if you think about it. But our success does NOT depend on our fruits. Our success is giving people a chance no matter how they react, no matter how much it hurts us. That we again and again give the hardhearted people a chance in those times that God directs us to. Because one day, they may accept it. And that day will be worth all of those rejections and all of that pain. We just can't let ourselves take responsibility for the person's choice to accept the peace or give it back. That is up to them.
Thought that was a cool way to think of boundaries (and I know that is a hot topic for you right now too).
Love ya,
Rachel
I love it love it!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing the importance of boundaries with me- I really needed to read this one today. You are amazing my dear!
I love you!
Emily